BSNES has a somewhat different purpose to most emulators; it focuses on accuracy over performance. To that end, it does not include any game specific hacks, or idle-loop skipping optimizations commonly found in other emulators. To add to the fun, it uses a cycle accurate hardware emulation. The net result of all this is the highest system requirements of any software I've released to date; those without an Intel-based Mac need not apply. If you meet the requirements, however, this is the most accurate SNES emulation available on the Macintosh platform.
- Cycle accurate emulation.
- Support for DSP1, DSP2, DSP3, DSP4, OBC1, SA1, SDD1, SPC7110, SRTC, ST010, and SuperFX custom chips.
- Full sound.
This software can be used with Emulator Enhancer, a shareware add-on that includes:
- Support for USB joysticks and gamepads.
- Support for full screen mode.
- Support for audio effects.
- Support for opening recent games quickly.
- Much much more.