Boycott Advance was developed to run home brew Gameboy Advance software, and to that end it works quite well. It is also able to run a wide variety of commercial games, although there are some known issues that prevent some titles, particularly newer ones, from working correctly. There are no plans to spend any more effort on compatibility until the Gameboy Advance is no longer on commercial sale; as such, bug reports for this emulator will be ignored at this time. Please note that Boycott Advance cannot emulate the classic Gameboy; for that you should use KiGB instead.
- Highly optimized CPU emulation that can attain full speed on all supported Macs.
- Full support for all GBA video features, including scaling and rotation.
- Partial support for the GBA DirectSound channels and Gameboy PSG.
This software can be used with Emulator Enhancer, a shareware add-on that includes:
- Support for USB joysticks and gamepads.
- Support for full screen mode.
- Support for audio effects.
- Support for opening recent games quickly.
- Much much more.