BSNES has a somewhat different purpose to most emulators; it focuses on accuracy over performance. To that end, it does not include any game specific hacks, or idle-loop skipping optimizations commonly found in other emulators. To add to the fun, it uses a cycle accurate hardware emulation. The net result of all this is the highest system requirements of any software I've released to date. If you meet the requirements, however, this is the most accurate SNES emulation available on the Macintosh platform.
- Cycle accurate emulation.
- Support for DSP1, DSP2, DSP3, DSP4, OBC1, SA1, SDD1, SPC7110, SRTC, ST010, and SuperFX custom chips.
- Full sound.
This software can be used with Emulator Enhancer, a shareware add-on that includes:
- Support for USB joysticks and gamepads.
- Support for full screen mode.
- Support for audio effects.
- Support for opening recent games quickly.
- Much much more.