For many years now I have been porting emulators by other others to macOS. Mugrat marks my first attempt at writing one of my own, in this case to emulate the Colecovision. The hardware in question is quite possibly the simplest machine to be built around the Z80 processor, which makes it simple to emulate. Maybe I'll try something more complicated for my next project!
- Accurate emulation of the Colecovision hardware.
- Support for the Super Game Module.
- Truly silly easter egg when run at a certain time of year...
This software can be used with Emulator Enhancer, a shareware add-on that includes:
- Support for USB joysticks and gamepads.
- Support for full screen mode.
- Support for audio effects.
- Support for opening recent games quickly.
- Much much more.